Effective July 1, 2023, all calls will be directed to the Student Accounts Office team. If you are in need of a specific member of our Collections team, the Student Accounts team will direct your call.
Students are expected to review their online for recent activity and pay any amount due by the due date. To ensure the delivery of notifications, students and authorized payers should review their contact information and email settings on a regular basis.
The collections process is the collection of accounts for those who have a past due balance and are not enrolled at Illinois State University. The office may be reached at (309) 438-5643 or by e-mail at stuaccts@IllinoisState.edu .
Collection activities from Illinois State University include:
- When a student is no longer enrolled and has not paid the student account balance by the due date, the account will enter internal collections
- Internal collection efforts to obtain a resolution on the balance owed.
- Emails sent to the preferred email on file for the former student and phone call(s) to the preferred number.
- Monthly billing statements sent to the mailing address or home address on file for the former student. · In compliance with Section 10.05 of the State Comptroller Act (15 ILCS 405/10.05) Illinois State University is mandated to file a claim with the Illinois Comptroller's Office for an offset against any money due to the former student from the State of Illinois.
- The account will remain in internal collections for approximately 4 months.
- Referral of the delinquent account to an external collection agency if all other efforts have been exhausted.
- Once the account has been transferred to an external collection agency any payment arrangement will need to be made with the collection agency.
- Former students only maintain access to their ULID for one year after leaving the university. Add yourself as an Authorized User to continue access to your online financial account.
- A block will be on the account which prevents registration activity.
- If a former student is interested in re-enrollment, they will need to speak to their Student Account Representative about what is needed to have the block lifted and be allowed to have their application reviewed for re-enrollment.
- Review accepted Payment Methods
Withdrawal policies and schedules have been created to take into consideration student’s financial and physical hardships. This school year's schedule can be found at Withdrawal Dates .
Once a student has dropped all courses or withdrawn from the University and if the student owes a balance, the student will receive an email with instructions as to who to contact in the Student Accounts Office regarding payment options and re-enrollment. Students whose accounts are sent to a collection agency will need to pay their balances in full prior to re-enrolling
How to Create an Authorized User
This task must be completed through the student's login. Student login access is available for 12 months after a student is no longer enrolled at ISU. For step by step instructions, please click Set up an Authorized User
If it has been more than 12 months since you were enrolled at ISU, please contact the Student Accounts office at (309) 438-5643 for assistance setting up authorized user access. Authorized User access must be requested by the former student.
If you need to sign for nursing loans, please contact our office at (309) 438-5643 to set up an appointment. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Friday 8:30am-4:15pm, Wednesday 10:00am-4:15pm, and Thursday 9am-4:15pm.
Nursing Loans in Repayment
To view account summary or make a payment visit: www.uasconnect.com
UAS phone number: (844) 870-8701
University Accounting Service, LLC
4099 McEwen Rd
Farmers Branch, TX 75244
All Perkins loans are now serviced by Heartland ECSI. Any inquiries regarding Perkins loans can be directed to Heartland ECSI using the contact information below.
Heartland ECSI Phone number: 1 (888) 549-3274