Returning Student Checklist
Please take the time to review all items at the start of the semester. For instructions on how to complete a task, visit our How-To Guides.
Review Student Basics
Please review our website for helpful information regarding billing, refunds, and important dates
Update Personal Information
- Review/update address, phone number, and email address
Student Center Holds & To Do List
- Complete your Financial Responsibility Agreement before registering for classes
- Review any items in your "Holds" and "To Do List"
- Accept/decline awards and loans
- If this is your first time receiving loans at Illinois State University, please complete your DL Entrance Counseling and MPN, which will be in your To Do List 2-3 days after you accept your loan
- For questions about your Financial Aid, please visit the Financial Aid website
- If you use College Illinois!, fill out the College Illinois Authorization Form at the start of each semester
529 College Savings Plans - (not College Illinois)
- If you have a 529 College Savings Plan, such as Bright Start, Bright Directions, College Advantage, etc., please visit our webpage link 529 Plans for more details.
- Set up Authorized Users to allow others to view and make payments on your account
- Sign up for eRefunds (direct deposit) if you haven't already
- Review your payment plan if you are not paying in full
Review Your Account Regularly
- View monthly online statement
- View current activity to monitor changes
Student Health Insurance
In the fall and spring semesters, students who are registered for and participating in nine (9) or more credit hours and are assessed mandatory fees are also automatically included and assessed a fee for Student Health Insurance. In the summer semester, only six (6) or more credit hours are required for eligibility. For more information, please visit the Student Health Services website.