New Student Checklist
Please take the time to complete all items on the checklist. Review the Returning Student Checklist at the start of each semester to keep your account information up to date.
**Please note- many items on the New Student Checklist cannot be started until students have completed their first term Registration Appointment. Email us if you have any questions!**
For more information on how to complete each task, select the link to open instructions, or view our How-To Guides
Review Student Basics
Please review our website for helpful information regarding billing, refunds, and important dates
Update Personal Information
- Update Contact Information
- Set up an Authorized User to give someone online access to student accounts billing and payments.
- Complete a Release of Information to give someone permission to call Student Accounts for account information. (Not necessary if they are an Authorized User)
Student Center Holds & To Do List
- Financial Responsibility Agreement must be completed every semester before registering for classes
- Review any items in your "Holds" and "To Do List"
- Accept or decline awards and loans
- If you are accepting loans through Illinois State University, complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- For more information about award activity, please visit the Financial Aid website
- College Illinois! is a state-sponsored prepaid tuition program that helps families fund future college costs with tax benefits granted by Section 529 of the IRS Code. If you are using College Illinois! to assist your expenses (tuition and mandatory fees), please fill out the College Illinois Authorization Form at the start of each semester
529 College Savings Plans - (not College Illinois)
- If you have a 529 College Savings Plan, such as Bright Start, Bright Directions, College Advantage, etc., please visit our webpage link 529 Plans for more details.
- Sign up for eRefunds (direct deposit) for Student, even if you don't expect to receive one
- View the Payment Options page for more information on how to pay your bill
- Make or schedule an Individual payment or an Installment payment
- Parents with Parent Plus Loans sign up for eRefund for Authorized User
- List of Billing Due Dates
Review Your Account Regularly
Student Health Insurance
In the fall and spring semesters, students who are registered for and participating in nine (9) or more credit hours and are assessed mandatory fees are also automatically included and assessed a fee for Student Health Insurance. In the summer semester, only six (6) or more credit hours are required for eligibility. For more information, please visit the Student Health Services website.